Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Truth in Green

Today I went running down a street near my house.  I had been this way before, but it was months ago.  The first time I ran down this road I passed a field.  It was filled with beautiful long green grass and one of my favorite's, Queen Anne's Lace.  The first time I came to this field, I stopped walked in and cried out to God to heal my hurts.

Today, when I ran by this field there was no more Queen Anne's Lace, no more green, and not even the grasshoppers that were once jumping all around me.  As I ran past today, God helped me to realize something.  In the way that this field's beautiful flowers have to all die out to grow and become beautiful again so do the stages of our lives.  Sometimes we have to experience a drying out period where things are raw and vibrancy is gone.  But, just as the flowers bloom every spring so do all things happy and beautiful return to us. 

Just as we trust that in winter flowers die and in spring they grow up again, so must we trust that there will be times when things seem bad, but from them we will grow.

20090823031652

1 comment: